** I know this is long - if you are able to answer any, or a few, of the questions contained in this post, I would be extremely thankful. Really any comments would be appreciated so I know I'm not alone**
I've read all the threads on this and other subs regarding taxes, and recently bought a 1 yr. subscription to cointracking.info. Unfortunately, I purchased ETH, LTC, and BTC via coinbase for the first few months of my trading, until I found out that GDAX is so much cheaper and easier to use.
So I have records in CSV format from both exchanges, similarly, cointracking.info couldn't seem to reconcile (whether using CSV imports or API data) my various transfers from coinbase to GDAX for my day trade attempts and from GDAX to coinbase after purchasing, and before transfer to a hard wallet. So it interpreted these transfers as "sales."
I've also sent a handful of ETH to binance to put into various alts (which are all currently down). I recently day traded a bit with BTC while it was falling predictably down and increased my holdings by .05 or so. I wasn't thinking, and now realize that this effectively "realized" my gains on part of my BTC that I had been buying since early August. I repeated this process quite a few times, buying and selling the same sum of BTC.
I luckily have a family friend who helps do my parents taxes in exchange for dinners and out of generosity. I approached him with questions about how to "track" my gains off of ETH into binance alt coins, as the price of ETH shifts constantly, and we ended up talking taxes. He asked me to chart every transaction - volume, price, date, fee, coin, etc. in excel - I had been doing this fairly well for months, and think that combining the coinbase and GDAX CSV files for each 3 coins might work, but it's so much data I'm very stressed - and equally pissed if my day trading stupidity (which earned me 500 dollars) ends up costing me 3 K in taxes.
- However, what I don't understand is how one is supposed to "pair" or decide which portion of BTC they realize when they sell. Because I bought BTC all the way up from around 3 K and if I technically realized the gains from some BTC I bought at 9 or 9.5 K during my trading / realizing, then the tax I owe would be a lot less than the sale of BTC bought below 5, etc. Is this discretionary - I know there's means to I.D. specific coins, but when I sold it was certainly a varied mixture of *hundreds of different small purchases.
- I'm also having problem even using the GDAX CSV of sale records, because of some recent day trading, my technical cost includes duplicated "re-buys" of day traded coins, so it thinks I spent like 7 times what I really did, when in reality I was buying / selling the same bundle of coin / coin fractions.
- With my limited understanding of taxes (recent college grad with no job yet) I'm hoping that for some of the day trading, it will at least only be the first (of a handful of buys and sells with the same coins) that are realized to cause any substantial tax costs, as once I sell and re-buy once, my basis is now much higher, and given that I was selling and buying in the same general price range of BTC (and other coins) the spread / difference would be comparably minimal, so it's not like it takes the same 25% or whatever percent each time I make a trade, right?
- Lastly, does anyone know how capital gains from conventional stock portfolios affect your tax bracket? I may have read that some people qualify for 0% tax on long term gains if they have no job, and meet a few other variables. I currently have no earned income, but do have a relatively large stock portfolio which I oversee with a family member, the markets done well this year, but to my knowledge none of this large and varied volume of stocks are ever sold / realized, they are just being "hodled" for lack of a better word, as many do in traditional investing.
- Having acted out of greed / opportunity and naivete (thinking I was helping myself + making money by buying before a dip and buying back, I will never day trade again. I only hope that these taxable events do not eat up a huge fraction of my gains, which I have worked hard to accumulate while working diligently to learn the ropes of crypto buying and research. I'm not asking for sympathy, as I have it better than many, but I do seek information and want to have some general questions answered before I go back with a giant excel file to bring to my family friend, so I can ensure the information is accurate, etc.
I know this was a lot of varied questions, and I'm happy to re-format in more palatable bullet points, but if anyone is willing to answer any of the above confusions I would be very thankful and would find a way to give thanks
Thanks for your time - a concerned / born again hodler
Get historical data for the Bitcoin prices. You'll find the historical Bitcoin market data for the selected range of dates. The data can be viewed in daily, weekly or monthly time intervals. Bitcoin charts for the data. The various exchange APIs, for making it difficult or unintuitive enough to get OHLC and volume data at 1-min intervals that I set out on this data scraping project. Satoshi Nakamoto and the novel core concept of the blockchain, as well as its first execution via the bitcoin protocol. I'd also like to thank viewers like you! Can't wait to see what code or insights ... Best Bitcoin Price Charts: When it comes to monitoring the market for the latest trading opportunities, nothing comes more in handy than the ability to see price conveniently on a chart. This is true even for Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies – Binance, the world’s biggest cryptocurrency exchange, even acquired CoinMarketCap recently for an undisclosed sum estimated to be as high as $400 ... Binance Coin Value. You can now find out the Binance Coin Value from some of the leading exchanges such as Binance, Bitstamp, Kraken, Coinbase etc. Our widget compares the prices between exchanges on the charts, letting you see where the best price is. You can also use the buttons to switch between Binance Coin charts. By default, we provide ... Customizable interactive chart for Binance Coin / Bitcoin with latest real-time price quote, charts, latest news, technical analysis and opinions. Binance and Binance Futures cryptocurrency market data is in demand due to the large number of traders transacting on the exchange. Binance Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, XRP, and 100+ altcoin pairs data is available. Binance Futures perpetual-future and futures contract data also available for all contracts. Binance trade history can be downloaded in CSV files or accessed through a REST API. Change your CoinTracking theme: - Light: Original CoinTracking theme - Dimmed: Reduced brightness - Dark: All colors inverted - Classic: Harder font without anti-aliasing, smaller margins, boxes with borders Dimmed and Dark are experimental and may not work in old browsers or slow down the page loading speed. Please change back to Light, if you have problems with the other themes. Daily historical time series of Open, High, Low, and Close (OHLC) data, plus volume data organized by exchange. We now also have historical trade prints/transactions for select exchanges. All data sets are FREE and in easy to download CSV format. We make it easy to do your own analysis! Due to the nature of Binance's exchange API, this data set contains the closest 1,000 orders to the midpoint price captured during every snapshot taken (once a minute). Thus, the order book depth ranges depending on the volume of trades occurring during the specified timespan. Major cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, CSV IMPORTS: Abra Acx Binance Bitcoin.de Bitfinex BitMax Bitpanda Bitpanda Pro Bitstamp Bittrex BTC Markets Bybit Celsius CEX Changelly Circle Coinbase Coinbase Pro CoinEx Coinmate Coss Crypto.com Deribit Gate.io Gemini HitBTC Hotbit Idex Kraken Localbitcoins Mercatox OKCoin Poloniex STEX Tradeogre Uphold Zerion
[index]          
This video is superseded by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iHRINTvMjc in which you can download "MT5 Crypto Charts Manager" and the whole process is automa... 👀 How to start Day Trading in 2019 THE RIGHT WAY! 💥 [FREE] Day Trading Course 👉 https://bit.ly/ytfreeclass 📺 BECOME ONE OF MY MEN... Bitcoin Technical Analysis & Bitcoin News Today: Binance launches their FIAT to crypto exchange Binance Jersey, and I'll show you that the coming financial crisis might happen sooner rather than ... Depth Chart Binance Explained for Crypto Trading. How to Read Binance Depth Chart for beginners. GET YOUR FREE STOCK in Robinhood http://share.robinhood.com/... CoinTracker tutorial on how to file your cryptocurrency and bitcoin taxes with CoinTracker and TurboTax. Import your transactions from top exchanges includin... This video is unavailable. Watch Queue Queue. Watch Queue Queue Queue This video is unavailable. Watch Queue Queue Live Bitcoin Trading With DeriBot on Deribit DeriBot Backup 1,405 watching Live now Ethereum (ETH) Facts You Need To Know Before Investing - Duration: 11:27. In this video, we retrieve bitcoin price data over Websockets in 2 ways. First, we use wscat to receive the information from the command line and save the price data to a file. Second, we use ... Join our community of thousands of analysts working together to learn the charts, generate profit and achieve financial independence. Live market coverage & exclusive educational content. Get ...